Thursday, December 15, 2016

Silent Night

This shadowy silence is all I see
That lonely person is not me
A lonely person isn’t me.

My home has walls tall and wide
There's no one by my side
No one stands by my side

I check the time on my phone
It’s true, I am alone
Silence, and I’m alone

The decorations light my room
The shadows predict not light, but doom
Twinkle not, shadows doom

My mind, my thoughts do not cease
My home there is no peace
Alone there is no peace

Season of joy, season of light
The joy I fake with all my might
The joy I fake into the night

No one knows and no one sees
The darkness lying inside me
There is darkness deep in me

My heartbeat echos in my ear
Silver and gold this time of year
Silver and gold this time of cheer

Reminding myself the day of week
Company of those I cannot seek
Depression looms and I am meek

Depression looms and breathe I seek.

Tick tock, tick tock, goes the clock
Minutes by the hour
Time alone is my tower

Go to sleep and feel no more
Go to sleep and soul to soar
Go to sleep and soul to soar

Feeling pain, never more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I'll answer as I am able. If you enjoy my writing, please consider making a payment thru this easy PayPal link below. It is secure and easy, just copy/paste into your browser and you will be on the PayPal linked site. Thanks for your support!

paypal.me/CharisseSavier